Thursday, November 1, 2012

DIY #002: Cropped Sweatshirt with emblishment

GIVENCHY for Lane Crawford Vest Shirt and DIY H&M Shirt with Black Star Patches on collar.

GIVENCHY Cropped Sweatshirt

Last month, I have blogged about my latest DIY Inspiration and today I am finally ready to show you guys my version of the GIVENCHY Cropped Sweatshirt. I decided to do this DIY project because of I don't want to wear my GIVENCHY for Lane Crawford FNO vest shirt sleeveless but still I want to showcase it's awesome print. Before we start, I'd like to thanks my thank Mom for helping me out on this project.


You'll need:
  • Sweatshirt
  • Embellishment (mine are STAR PATCH and STAR STUD)
  • Scissor
  • Curve Ruler *optional*
  • Pin, Needle and Thread
  • Sewing Machine *optional*
  • Seamstress' Chalk




Steps:
  1. Lay flat the sweatshirt on its side as possible making it side seams on the top of your work table.
  2. Start cutting the front and then back of the sweatshirt depending how low or high your desire cropped design REMEMBER to give enough space for the seam allowance and error.
  3. Fold and pin the edge of you sweatshirt this will served as your hem.
  4. Using the appropriate sewing machine start stitching the hem of you sweatshirt. In my case, I brought my sweatshirt to a professional seamstress. *Yes! I cheated a little LOL*
  5. Lay flat your desired embellishment on your now cropped sweatshirt and secure each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...